Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS is a fairly common problem of today’s time. It affected about forty percent of the developed world. Most of the people who suffer from any kind of digestive disorder may be suffering from one variant or the other or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It is also called as spastic colitis, mucous colitis, spastic colon, nervous stomach or irritable colon in medical terminology.
This disorder targets the digestive system of the body and affects the digestive system of the body. It also causes acute abdominal pain and unusual bowel habits.
Different people experience different symptoms of IBS can. These may include differing degrees of and severity of abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhoea or constipation.
Some of the common symptoms of IBS are :
- An on going infection which may be bacterial, viral, or parasitic. One may take medicines for a long period of time to reduce pain or inflammation. This leads to growth of bacteria in the gut and cause irritable bowel syndrome.
- Food intolerances which mainly include foods with high sugar content or junk food
- Highly susceptible smooth muscle tissue
- A swelling in the walls of the intestine
- Cramping in the stomach coupled with Abdominal pain
- Repeated fluctuation between constipation and diarrhea
- Pain in the lower back
- Need for urgent bowel movements at irregular intervals.
IBS is a disorder which disrupts the entire life of the affected person. However, there is a good news for sufferers of irritable bowel syndrome. Aloe vera is found to be very effective in curing of this disorder and offers relief to its patients.
Aloe vera works to relieve the pain and stress caused due to irritable bowel syndrome in many ways. Primary result of consuming extracts of this plant is cleansing of the walls of the digestive tract and also repairing any damages already caused to the lining of the intestines. Thus the normal functioning of the intestines are restored. As a result, you will once again be able to absorb proper nutrients from the food you have. This also allows for proper nourishments to reach the body without the toxins getting absorbed in the bloodstream.
Aloe vera helps relieve abdominal pain associated with the irritable bowel syndrome. A reduction in pain serves as a great boon to its patients. Aloes also help regulate and normalize the body secretions, thus keeping the digestive system in good working order.
Regular consumption of Aloe Vera helps in prevention of constipation. It also helps loosen hard stool and eases stool movement. Aloe Vera also has a proven effect on relieving flatulence. Another good effect that Aloe Vera has on irritable bowel syndrome patients is that it helps in reduction of bloating or distention post meals and improves the movements of intestines.