Aloe Vera is a plant with a short stem and thick leaves. It has a cactus like appearance. It is a very popular plant now a days as it gives a soothing mucilaginous juice. As the plant matures, its leaves develop spiny margins. The leaves contain water reserve for the plant which can be used in dry spells. This plant originated in the Mediterranean region but is now grown in tropics and also as houseplants. The sap of this plant is used as an Aloe Vera drink which has great medicinal effects.
AloeVera finds wide usage in many pharmaceutical products. The Aloe Vera belongs to the lily family with close similarity to the cactus. There are about 200 known variants of the plant known. Most of these variants have multiple benefits and are nutritious and effective. The plant has been used for beauty, health, skin care and medicinal properties since time immemorial. Aloe Vera is also known as the plant of immortality, the wand of heaven and the universal panacea due to its multiple benefits. Now a days a lot of products are derived by processing of the plant like creams, lotions, juices mini lift mask etc.
Aloe Vera Juice benefits for skin, hair, face:
- It is used as a food preservative.
- Aloe vera is used for manufacturing of various hand and body creams and lotions, gel, liquid, spray and capsule.
- It is found to be highly successful for treatment of conditions like acne, burns, stings, sprains, sunburns, eczema, sore muscles, arthritis, scrapes, cold sores, scalds, abrasions, psoriasis, bruises etc.
- It is also used for scalp and hair care.
- Aloe Vera helps relieve itching and aids healing of blisters.
- It is very useful for curing skin disorders.
- The Aloe Vera juice is effective in treatment of ulcers, heartburn and many digestive disorders.
- The juice of aloe vera is an effective anti-inflammatory tool. It also aids in reduction of stomach juices.
- It is effective in lightening the dark spots on the face and also helps reduce pigmentation of the face.
- It has great moisturizing properties. It also helps in removing dead cells.
- When consumed regularly in adequate quantity, helps in absorption of useful substances by the body.
- Helps delay and prevent aging by stimulating the manufacture of elastin and collagen in the body.
- Juice and Gels help reduce joint and muscle pains caused due to arthritis.
- The gel of aloe vera helps keep the heart in good functioning order and helps reduce triglycerides, total cholesterol and blood fat lipid levels.
- The aloe vera extracts helps keep blood sugar levels in control.
- Aloe-Vera drink is also considered to be a good tonic by many patients.
- It is known for its anti-oxidant, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
- Very helpful in reducing obesity by helping in break down of the fat globules.