Gingivitis is a form of gum disease which is very common and the symptoms of this disease start with the inflammation or infection in either gums or the supporting tissues of teeth. This periodontal disease represents onset growth of bacteria in the mouth. If the condition triggers and if not treated appropriately, then it may lead to tooth loss or deterioration in the supporting tooth tissues. In the beginning, gingivitis takes place with the built up of bacteria especially in plaque, gradually it will take to redness and inflammation in the gums. Various reasons have been included in getting gingivitis, but with the help of few efficient home remedies you can get rid of this disease, the remedies have listed down.
- Maintain proper hygiene of mouth, as brushing is recommended for twice in a day. Regular cleaning and brushing of mouth will prevent from plaque formation which in turn prevent from gingivitis.
- Clove oil is the best natural remedy which can cure gingivitis, if you use it regularly.
- Mint toothpaste is also useful while fighting against gingivitis.
- Aloe Vera also works as useful remedy while treating gingivitis. Extract the pulp of aloe vera and rub it in your mouth, wash it after few minutes. Follow the procedure to get the mighty gums.
- Gargle your mouth with the mixture of triphala and water, it will help in treating gingivitis, even warm salted water gargling is also useful in treating this disease.
- Sugarless cranberry juice can be useful in treating gingivitis.
- Sage oil, menthol, peppermint oil and chamomile tincture can be considered as natural mouth wash, which will keep away from the formation of bacteria.
- Take a teaspoon of salt and mix it with one tablespoon mustard oil. First use this mixture to clean your hands and then use it to clean the gums. Rub this mixture slowly on the gums in circular strokes and also in upward and downward direction. Repeat the procedure for 30 seconds and then wash your mouth with warm water. This herbal remedy also helps to treat other gum diseases.
- Soothing mouth wash can be prepared by using fresh eucalyptus leaves. Boil these leaves in water, after boiling strain the water and add 2-3 drops of clove oil. You can store it in a refrigerator for few days for long term usage.
- Natural mouth wash can also be prepared by using herbal tea and henna leaves.
Thorough gargling after each meal keeps away from plaque deposits. Basically this plaque formation accumulates on the outer portion of the teeth and it also composes food debris, mucus and bacteria. Herbal toothpaste and herbal mouth cleaners are recommended.