The impact of our stressful life may give hypertension which is a result of hectic lifestyle choice. The reasons which can cause hypertension can be psychological or physical in origin, the most common causes include heredity, high stress, chronic kidney diseases, obesity or old age. The study says even young adults are developing hypertension in a mass numbers. However there is no magic pill which can cure your hypertension, but you can splurge on few home remedies rather than oh-so-expensive medicines. Below listed down herbal remedies will surely help in fighting against hypertension.
- Mix the powder of 100 gm poppy seeds and 100gm melon seeds. Mix it well and store it in a closed and cleaned container. Take one tablespoon each morning and evening with water.
- Garlic clove is an effective home remedy which highly recommended for hypertension. Consume one garlic clove every morning with empty stomach.
- Take 25-30 curry leaves, wash it well with water and make a juice and dab fresh lemon and add the lemon juice into the curry leaves juice. Strain and drink with empty stomach in the morning.
- Mix 1 tsp ginger juice and 1 tsp honey and mix it with 1 tsp cumin powder, take it twice in a day to reduce hypertension.
Arjuna herb is also considered as an effective and efficient home remedy which supports in proper blood circulation and protects the heart by strengthening the cardiac muscles. The bark of Arjuna herb has various complex elements like ellagic acid, gallic acid, natural anti-oxidants, zinc, calcium, magnesium, copper and phytosterols which collectively support cardiac system of the body. This Arjuna herb is available in the capsule form and no side effects have been traced till the date.
Bilberry is another natural herb which helps in reinforcing blood vessel walls and increases blood circulation. This herb also helps in reducing cholesterol level which in turn improves cardiovascular functions. This herb reduces the sugar level from the blood, so prolonged usage is not recommended.
Dong Quai is a Chinese herb which helps in treating hypertension. This herb is a very good source of vitamin B12 and vitamin A. It is available in the form of powder and tablet, but it should be consumed strictly under medical supervision. As this herb produces lot of side effects like vomiting, nausea, stomach upset, skin allergies, fever, rashes and burping. It reverts negatively when consumed along with other herbs like danshen, garlic, ginseng and gingko.
Words of advice
- Along with home remedies healthy lifestyle and balanced diet is also very much necessary to control hypertension.
- There is a well established link between obesity and hypertension, so reducing the extra pounds will fetch down the hypertension reading.
- You must commit for regular exercise and also for physical activity. Being more active, you can easily fight against hypertension. Culminate better practices in your regular lifestyle like cycling, jogging, gardening, swimming, walking, and house cleaning which helps you to remain healthy and active.
- Although moderate alcohol consumption gives some good results, but if you exceed the quantity, then it will lead to weight gain and other health problems which ultimately affects on your hypertension.
- Consume six to eight glasses of water to maintain your body hydration.