A toothache is considered as one of the worst pain which will provide obstruction in peaceful sleep as well as disturbs your normal routine. Wisdom tooth are the third molar which is found far back in the mouth and usually they erupt to last. This tooth generally explodes between the ages of 17 to 25 years. Sometimes wisdom tooth gets stuck below the bone or gum, and it may cause pain or discomfort. Wisdom tooth has to fight for the space for its own development, as rest all the teeth have already developed and covered the space.
People with small jawbone may suffer from this problem. An appointment with dentist can give immediate relief for this pain, but long term usage of medicines and pain killers can produce adverse effects. Few home remedies will out to get relief from wisdom tooth pain:
- Keep a clove of fresh garlic under the hurting tooth, chew it in such a way that its extract should come on the affected area. This is a best remedy which reduces pain, however it tastes awful. You can also use clove oil and rock salt to reduce the intensity of the pain.
- Gently rub the ice cubes on the affected area which helps in alleviating the pain within no time. It’s an immediate and temporary relief, basically ice makes the area senseless and hence it reduces the sensation of pain.
- Dip the cotton swab in the olive oil and drench it over the affected area, spit out the extraction to get the ultimate effect.
- To get quick and wonderful effect in case of tooth pain, drench a cotton swab either in brandy, tequila or whiskey, but don’t use this remedy for infants or small kids.
- Vanilla extract or almond extract can also be used to temporarily alleviate the pain.
- Take warm salted water in a mouth and swoosh for 3-4 times in a day. It helps in reducing infection and also gives relief from the pain.
- Wheat grass is also an effecting agent in reducing pain, as you just need to chew the grass and swoosh its liquid 3-4 times in a day. It will also provide hygiene and prevents from the toothache.
- Make a paste using warm water and pinch of pepper and salt, apply it with the help of Q tip on the affected area. This is a very effective home remedy which gives relief from tooth pain.
- Take a thin slice of lemon and place it over the painful area, squeeze the lemon juice and spread it across the affected area to get the required result.
- Place warm tea bag over the affected area, bite the bag strongly, tea properties will help out in reducing the pain.