Zits can appear on those body parts, where the sweat glands are functioning with higher numbers. Zits usually occur on neck, chest, back and shoulders, it can cause due to an inflammation or infection in the sebaceous gland. It can be appear in the form of cluster or a single bump. Several people suffer from this and this can be quite frustrating for anyone. However there are several factors which could lead in forming the zits. Hormonal imbalance in teenagers can cause zits, women who sleep without cleaning their make up in the night time can cause zits, so before it irritates you try out some of the home remedies available for zits.
Instead of getting embarrassed with pimples or zits, you can treat it with some conventional methods which have listed below.
Ice: This is the best remedy to get rid from zits, caused duo to inflammation or infection of skin. Direct application of ice cubes on the zit affected area for few minutes can prevent further inflammation.
Aloe Vera: Take fresh aloe Vera gel and apply it on the affected skin, leave it for a while and then wash it. Night time usage of this gel will be more useful, as you can avoid dust particles contact with the gel. Almost all the health stores are having aloe Vera gel or you can use the extract the fresh gel from the aloe Vera leaves.
Steam: Use of hot steam can kill the bacteria available in the pores. Take a large and clean pot, boil fresh water for 15 to 20 minutes. Bend your face over the pot and take enough steam. Do not forget to cover your head with thick towel, so that steam will not get escape to go out. Allow the steam to cover your face wherever acne are present and do this exercise for 5 min or as long as you can bear it.
Yogurt and Oatmeal: Apply the paste of plain oatmeal along with unflavored yogurt and leave it on to get it dry. Then rinse it well with cold water and pat it dry.
Do not touch the zit-affected area excessively, as it may cause the zit to spread all other body parts. Balanced diet can play pivotal role in prevent new lesions from cropping up frequently. Certain foods believed to aggravate the problem, so try to avoid them. Below listed foods try to avoid if you are suffering from zits.
- Processed food such as pasta, bread, muffins, and bagels.
- Fast food contains saturated fats.
- Junk food such as pizzas, burgers, chips and French fries.
- Greasy and oily food like mayonnaise, butter and sandwich spread.
- Caffeinated beverages and alcohol.
- Sweet foods such as cookies, pudding and chocolates.
At the same time, nutritious and healthy foods can reduce the chances of getting zits. The list of healthy food items to eat to avoid zits include:
- Whole grain items like multigrain bread, brown rice and wheat pasta.
- Lean meats, beans, nuts and legumes which are the rich sources of protein.
- Vitamin c and vitamin A rich sources like spinach, carrots, broccoli and citrus fruits.
- Plenty of liquid can help in flushing out the toxins from the body; specially try out fresh fruit juices instead of packed juices.