Depression and Anxiety are major ailment that most of the people are suffering from. Majority of the people don’t take any treatment. The doctor must be consulted in this regard because depression is very serious disease and it should not be ignored and self-treated. Depression is also related to the condition of anemia and if the sufferer is taking any medicine, it must not be stopped without consulting the doctor. Some herbs and natural remedies are really very effective to cure depression.
Pumpkin Seeds: These seeds can provide amino acid tryptophan which promotes serotonin in the brain and that give sense of calmness to relieve tension or depression.
Ginkgo Biloba: It helps the brain to alleviate depression. It is even useful in the people who are depressed and suffering from dementia.
Valerian is a Good Tranquilizer: This herb is a good natural tranquilizer to ease any tension, depression and fatigue. But this herb can be stimulating for some people.
Hops Flower’s Tea: Try to drink a cup of tea which is made of hops flowers, will refresh the person and relieve from the depression.
Lemon Balm, Kava, Ginkgo: It is used in the form of tea or tincture to cure nervousness and stomach upset. Kava is used to calm anxiety and sleeplessness. Ginkgo is successfully used by elderly people.
St. John’s Wort is Antidepressant Herb: This herbal medicine is effective to cure sadness, worry, nervousness and poor sleep. This herb works even better than placebo and is considered effective in curing mild to moderate depression. But, it is actually not very effective in major cases of depression. This herb is available in the form of capsules, tablets, liquid extracts or tea from any health food stores and drug stores. The side effects may be observed in dizziness, dry mouth, indigestion and fatigue. Skin and eyes from sunlight is protected because this herb increases photosensitivity. This is not recommended for the pregnant or nursing women, children patient of bipolar disorder, liver or kidney ailments.
Tips To Treat Depression:
- Decrease the sweets intake to avoid depression. The sweets may raise the levels of blood sugar and make the person to feel good temporarily, but the mood will be worsening on its plummeting.
- Caffeine and alcohol should be avoided which can dampen the mood. Alcohol will give temporary relaxation and caffeine can increase the energy but both are very short timed relaxants. Both will cause depression, insomnia, mood swings and anxiety to the suffers.
- Vitamin B6 is rarely found in deficiency but is mood relaxant which contains serotonin.
- Magnesium is needed for serotonin production and is found in legumes, nuts, whole grains and green vegetables. It is extremely good for depression.
- Herbal tea can be prepared by boiling vervain, licorice and St. John’s wort herbs for ten minutes to be sweetened with organic honey. Drink this tea and relax to keep away depression from life.